Allow our Houston car accident Attorney lawyer to handle your case and battle to get you the cash you want and merit assuming you were harmed in a Texas crash that wasn’t your issue. Following a significant crash, endeavoring to figure out your freedoms and decide the worth of your case can be unpleasant. Notwithstanding, you don’t need to travel this way without help from anyone else. With north than 30 years of involvement with Houston, Smith, and Hassler is prepared to help you in maximizing the worth of your case.
There are numerous different types of vehicle mishap wounds that you or somebody you love could get in an impact, going from a devastating instance of whiplash to a serious blackout. You could have required a more drawn-out clinic stay or been taken to the emergency room. You could have needed to go through symptomatic systems like an X-beam, CT sweep, or X-ray. You could require long-haul care, medical procedure, medication, and exercise-based recuperation as a component of your therapy.
After a collision, costs can add up rapidly, but if you weren’t at fault for the collision, you shouldn’t be forced to foot the bill for someone else’s careless errors. Tragically, numerous mishap casualties find it challenging to acquire remuneration for their harm. This is because insurance companies have a history of making lowball settlement offers or, worse yet, blaming you for the entire accident.
Give our Houston car accident Attorney lawyer legal office a call right away. Our lawyers are skilled at creating compelling legal arguments that compel the insurance company to pay attention. We are aware of the kinds of proof you need to substantiate your claim and how to deal with pushy insurance adjusters. When the insurance company sees that you’ve hired Smith & Hassler to handle your claim, they’ll know you’re serious about getting fair compensation for your damages because we are no-nonsense negotiators and experienced trial lawyers.
What should I do after a car accident?
Try your best to maintain composure if you’re in a car accident so you can evaluate the situation. Following that, you ought to
- Keep going while dialing 911. Ask the dispatcher to send an ambulance if anyone has been hurt and needs immediate medical assistance. If not, inform them that you were involved in an accident and wait for the investigating officer to show up. Do not attempt to pursue the other driver if you are in a hit-and-run collision, which can occasionally occur with uninsured drivers. If you can, call the police straight once and provide them with a description of the car, the driver, and the direction they were traveling.
- All parties involved in the collision should exchange information. Obtain the person’s name, address, phone number, license plate number, and insurance details. Abstain from examining the crash or quarreling over who was to blame.
- Take numerous photos of the collision site. Don’t forget to take pictures of any visible injuries and don’t forget to document damage to all the vehicles, not just yours.
- If anybody saw your mishap, ask them for their name and telephone number assuming they can. When determining fault, witness testimony can be a crucial piece of evidence.
- Record the specifics of your crash in writing. Record the time and place of your accident, the weather, any potential hazards on the road, any construction going on, and any other pertinent information before your memory fades.
- visit a physician You should visit a trained medical expert to be examined within 24 hours following your accident. You could have a serious injury without even realizing it, even if you don’t have any obvious pain or other symptoms. Symptoms of injuries like whiplash, a concussion, or a traumatic brain injury may not manifest right away. Focus on all subsequent arrangements and stick to your PCP’s treatment suggestions. When you make claims of injury but take too long to get medical attention or cancel appointments, the insurance company may be suspicious.
- Inform your insurance provider. Inform them of the Houston car accident Attorney lawyer, but avoid going into too much detail. Be succinct in your remarks and stick to the essentials.
- Make a call to a vehicle accident attorney to go over the specifics of your case. Inform yourself of your legal choices and explain what happened. Most personal injury law firms provide a free consultation, so you can usually do this without spending any money.
- Don’t speak with the insurance provider for the other driver. If they request a sound recording, compassionately decline and direct them to your legal counselor. Never engage in a debate about fault or injuries. Anything you say could be used in the future to dispute or refute your assertion.
lawsuit for an uninsured driver What if I wasn't to blame for the vehicle accident?
Because Texas is a “fault” state for vehicle insurance, if you were in a crash that wasn’t your fault, the other motorist is usually held responsible for covering your losses. That implies you should typically be entitled to compensation if you were hurt in an automobile accident as a result of another person’s carelessness.
All drivers in Texas are required to have liability insurance with minimum limits, giving you a few different options to seek compensation if you are hurt in an accident that wasn’t your fault. Among these choices are:
- Submitting a claim to the insurance company of the at-fault driver
- submitting a claim to your insurer
- Bringing a claim against the negligent driver
It’s important to keep in mind that under the state’s laws on comparative negligence, your compensation may be reduced by the amount of fault you share in a Houston car accident Attorney lawyer on the off chance that you are viewed as somewhat to blame.
Let’s imagine, for instance, that you receive a $50,000 damage payout but are judged to be 10% at blame for the collision and your injuries because you were speeding. In this case, your award would be $45,000 after a 10% ($5,000) reduction in compensation. It’s crucial to remember that a plaintiff’s negligence cannot be greater than the defendant’s to recover damages from another driver.
We also deal with situations involving manufacturing flaws. For instance, our company has assisted residents of the state who suffered harm as a result of Toyota’s flaws. When manufacturers’ negligence reduces safety and dependability, accidents that result in injuries may occur. We hold manufacturers culpable for their negligence.
What is the typical settlement in Texas for a car accident?
The specifics of your case, including the seriousness of your injuries and the overall effect the collision has had on your life, will determine the amount of compensation you’ll be eligible to receive for your auto accident. In general, you may be entitled to compensation if you were hurt in a Houston car accident Attorney lawyer that wasn’t your fault for:
- Property Damage
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Earning Capacity
- Replacement Services
- Pain and Suffering
Summon our law office ideal for free counsel to figure out how much your case may be worth. Our lawyers can discuss your case with you and determine how much compensation you might be entitled to.
How do I view my Texas police report on the auto accident?
It can be difficult to read your Texas car accident report and comprehend what it all means, which is why you need an attorney to explain it to your page by page so that you can comprehend it better. You can get a copy of your Texas peace officer’s crash report (CR-3) by going to the Texas Department of Transportation online.
- The county, city, street name, time of day, and whether the collision occurred at an intersection or in a construction zone are all listed on page 1 of your Texas vehicle accident report. Additionally, details about each driver, passenger, bystander, and vehicle involved in the collision will be available on this page. Additionally, a code box labeled “injury” will describe the kind of injuries if any, a passenger sustained in the collision.
2. A crash narrative and pictorial description of the accident scene are included on page 2, along with a summary of any charges lodged against a driver, passenger, or pedestrian at the scene. This page will also include the sequence of events leading up to the collision and an officer’s assessment of how it happened. Additionally, this website includes details on the hospitals and ambulance units that any injured victims were taken to. The date and time of death will be listed on this page of the report if someone died at the scene of the accident or within 30 days after it.
3. Information on the business vehicles involved in your accident can be found on page 3 of your crash report. You will discover the name, address, and contact details of the commercial carrier if a commercial vehicle (such as a delivery truck, tractor-trailer, etc.) was involved in your collision. Additionally, you can learn more about the commercial truck driver and the weight of the truck as well as the cargo it is carrying.
4. Many of the codes and terms used in your Texas crash report are explained on page 4 of your accident report. Our Houston car accident Attorney lawyer may go over these complex concepts with you in person while also carefully examining your accident report.
Give our Houston lawyers complete control of your dispute.
After being hurt in an accident, your priority should be getting better, not worrying about how you’re going to pay your bills. Even while your case might appear simple, it can be difficult to figure out how to move through the complex claims procedure and how to receive the most money for your damages. You need someone in your corner who understands what it takes to achieve actual outcomes because of this.
Let’s assume command. While you center around improving, our Houston car accident Attorney lawyer will deal with each part of your case since they have the information and experience to do so. We will attempt to get the most noteworthy settlement sum for you, whether it is through an arranged understanding or a court choice. Our lawyers can likewise help you in getting remuneration for your harm if you or a friend or family member was harmed in a walker mishap in Houston including a transport, bicycle, or another vehicle.
Find out how our qualified Houston car accident Attorney lawyer can assist you. For answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we receive about vehicle accidents, see our FAQ page, and then get in touch with us for a free consultation.
“Mr. Brian Stansell was incredibly communicative and professional. He took care of every aspect of my car accident, ALWAYS kept in touch, and informed me of everything I needed to know. From the beginning, he made sure that everything was taken care of.” – D